You can now buy the Power BI Custom Visuals Template!
- Explore Power BI Custom Visuals that are available on Microsoft Office Store
- Find which Custom Visuals were recently released (In Version 2 only)
- Explore the Custom Visuals by Providers (In Version 2 only)
- Speed up your time-to-insights by exploring new custom visuals, and try them on your data
- Gain access to the queries I used, and improve your web scraping skills using Power BI
- Learn how to apply Text Analytics in Power BI using Microsoft Cognitive Services
- Use the report for demo purposes
What’s new in version 2?
The web scraping includes all individual custom profile pages. We now extract Providers and Release dates. In version 2 you can also download a flavor of the report, without Text Analytics and Word Cloud to gain a cleaner look:
To try building the report by yourself, follow the tutorial here how to build the queries, or skip the ~200 steps, and purchase the finished report.
Here is the embedded report of version two (without text analytics):
Here is the embedded report of version two, including Text Analytics, Release Dates and Publishers.
Are you using the Text Analytics flavor? For those reports, we use Microsoft Cognitive Services to extract key phrases from the Custom Visuals’ description. Once you download the Power BI Template file, (And in version 2, also unzip the file), you will be asked to provide Text Analytics API Key. The API key can be obtained for free from Microsoft Text Analytics here. In version 2 of the report, you can also download the report without Word Cloud and the Text Analytics.
After you provide the API Key, you may encounter a refresh error. To resolve the error, go to File –> Options & Settings –> Options, and check “Ignore Privacy Levels …” in Privacy.
Contact me at [email protected], if you have any questions.