Do you often find yourself in dire need to compare two tables in Excel or Power BI for audit or testing purposes? With this automation tool that uses Power Query in Excel or Power BI, you can load new versions of any tables, click Refresh, and immediately find the changes between the tables.
The solution includes:
- Compare the tables, and detect extra / missing rows
- Will not fail on refresh when column names change
- Includes a Power BI Report version (.pbix)
- Compares tables by matching keys
The Excel version highlights the differences between Table1 and Table2 in the third table, as shown in this screenshot.
If you have extra rows in one of the tables, you can find them as well.
Compare Tables v2
This bundle contains a new method to compare between tables with matching keys. You can use the function which was shared in this tutorial, or buy the full solution here.
Excel 2010 or 2013 with latest Power Query installed, or Excel 2016, or latest Power BI Desktop.
- Open the Excel workbook, and click Refresh All in Data tab to apply the comparison between tables.
- Unzip the Power BI Report, and click Refresh to apply the comparison between tables.
- Open Query Editor to rewire the queries to your own tables. Not sure how? Follow this tutorial first.
- Learn how to use FnCompareTables in CompareTables 2.xlsx. Read more here.