This week we have announced on Office Blogs the release of 3 new Excel templates that harness advanced data analytics technologies in Excel 2016:
- Power Query (Excel 2016 new get-data and transformation features that are available in the Get & Transform section of the Data tab).
- Power Pivot measures.
You are welcome to try out the new templates and examine their queries and DAX formulas. The templates are available in File –> New section of Excel 2016.
If you can’t find the template in File –> New, you can download it from TechNet Gallery here.
To learn how to use the template go here.
In this coming series we will discuss the following topics:
- Use Data –> New Query –> From Other Sources –> From Exchange Server to import your calendar data.
- Tips and tricks to handle recurring meetings.
- Use DAX to calculate the percentage of time spent on meetings.
- Take the template to its next level and create new dimensions like meeting categories.
- Import the data to Power BI and use custom visuals to create cool data visualizations.
Looking forward to seeing you here for the next blogposts of this series.